Ethyl acetate is the ester of ethanol and acetic acid, manufactured on a large scale for use as a solvent. It is naturally occurring in food but the synthetically produced form is widely used in a number of applications.
Ethyl acetate may be found in nail polish, surface coatings, varnishes, perfumes, cleaning products, inks, printing and packaging lamination. It has a fruity odour and taste which makes it ideal to use as an artificial fruit flavouring in the manufacture of flavours and fragrances. It is also often used as a substitute for other solvents such as MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) in surface coating applications.
We supply ethyl acetate that is imported in bulk and then drummed at our storage and packaging facility in Yarraville, Victoria.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Baked goods
- Chewing gum
- Frozen dairy
- Fruit juice
- Hard and soft candy
- Meat products
- Adhesives and sealant chemicals
- Functional fluids (closed systems)
- Laboratory chemicals
- Paint additives and coating additives not described by other categories
- Process regulators
- Processing aids, not otherwise listed
- Solvents (for cleaning and degreasing)
- Solvents (which become part of product formulation or mixture)
- Surface active agents
- Viscosity adjustors
Molecular weight 88.106 g/mol
Molecular formula C4H8O2
Specific gravity 0.907
- CAS No. 141-78-6
- ISO 9001
PACKAGING SUPPLIED IN
- 18kg pails
- 180kg drums
- Bulk tanker
Please login to view all listing details!