We’re approaching the halfway mark for the 2020 crush.
Improved weather conditions in recent weeks have enabled both the harvesting and milling sectors to make good headway.
Our eight mills have now processed a total of 6.82 million tonnes of cane, which is 45 per cent of the estimated 15.07 million tonne crop.
• Fine weather and good factory reliability have resulted in five consecutive weeks of good throughput, enabling us to make good headway with the crush.
• CCS levels have taken a favourable jump in recent weeks and the crop is holding to estimate.
• We expect to hit the 2 million tonnes mark late next week.
• A run of fine weather has seen cane quality improve and average CCS climb above 15 units.
• Our Burdekin mills are achieving good crushing rates overall.
• We expect to reach the halfway mark early next week.
• CCS jumped above 14 units over the past fortnight and continues to rise steadily. The crop is cutting just below estimate.
• The factory has been performing well overall, with good crush rates and reliability.
• We are on track to achieve another weekly throughput above 90,000 tonnes.
• CCS is steadily increasing but is trending below budget. Crop yields are slightly below estimate.
• The factory has been performing well overall, with good crush rates and reliability this month.
• Our focus in the coming weeks will be on maintaining rate as CCS approaches bottleneck levels.
General Manager - Cane Supply and Grower Relations